Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,797   Online: 1085

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: enlarger timer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For the pure convenience of it, I recommend something at a minimum that is digital, like a GraLab 450, and that can be set in 10ths or whole seconds.

Honestly, that little timer you pointed out that Henry's sells seems to be perfectly adequate for your job.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've only ever used Time-O-Lite's and I'm using an Omega D. I favor the mechanical, mostly due to being familiar w/ them. They are cheap secondhand and the 'professional' model will allow you to hook a footswitch up to it which is very handy for dodging and burning.

They are easy to repair and are built to withstand a lot of abuse. They are not as accurate as a digital timer, you can't expose for a fraction of a second reliably but i've never felt the need for this. Plus they have this charm that fits well with an older Omega.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin