Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,518   Online: 1016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz View Post
    Well, your big worry seems to be exposure times. From grade 0 up till and including grade 3 you can use the same times when you use dual filtration. Grade 4/5: double time.
    Hope this helps

Hans

I am using Meopta Color3 color head with Ilford MG papers, and above statement in my case is not true. I allways use dual (M+Y) filtration, and allways must make new test strips when change filtration. When change from grade 2 to 3 or 1 to 2 I can't use same exposure time, and when change from 3 to 4 it is not just simply doubled exposure time. I must make new test strips whenever change filtration to determine correct time.

Regards
    Last edited by haris; 08-25-2007 at 03:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And I think above stated colour head/multigrade papers behaving is reason why I have problems to calibrate enlarger exposure meters to work with enlarger colour head, and especially have problems to calibrate contrast measuring on these devices...

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The best way I've found to find the exposure time after changing filtration is to use an Ilford EM-10 exposure meter. These cheap (!) little things give perfectly consistent "Zone VIII" when the illumination is adjusted to give the same reading. Any change in size or filtration - I take a reading of a highlight with what I have, change everything, and then adjust the illumination (my colour head has a ND filter) to give the exact same reading. Then I expose for the same time, and get exactly the same tone.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, Ole, that was in theory what mine Jobotronic 2000 quartz and Jobo ComTime exposure meters are supposed to do, including measuring contrast. But, while exposure time is there, or needs slight adjustment, contrast is another story...

Or, I don't know how to precisely calibrate them, and that would be the real truth

I will get some filters for b/w head and they will see what is difference between colour head and "real" filters.

But, I am getting tired of colour head, and plan to change to filters definitevly. And for another reason, I like more contrasty photographs, so condensed b/w head instead of diffused colour head is another reason

Enjoy life

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    ...and then adjust the illumination (my colour head has a ND filter) to give the exact same reading ...
    And I allways wonder what that 4th dial on my colour head is used for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin