Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,490   Online: 971

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I also read that sharpness changes for papers more sensitive to blue light, ie multicontrast papers, and tests should be made. On print dead on via magnifier, and two slightly off in either direction to see if there is shift.

Chris
    Chris Saganich
    http://www.imagebrooklyn.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Saganich View Post
    I also read that sharpness changes for papers more sensitive to blue light, ie multicontrast papers, and tests should be made. On print dead on via magnifier, and two slightly off in either direction to see if there is shift.

Chris
    Just goes to show - shouldn't believe every thing you read.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thornton and Ctein spoke of 'smear' when some enlarging lenses are used wide open which I am sure would contribute to some apparent softness that might be used to one's advantage.

Fred

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Saganich View Post

Chris
    Chromatic aberration? That shouldn't be a problem with any undamaged enlarger lens made after 1900 (with the possible exception of the Voigtländer W.Z., which was designed to be soft).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin