Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,293   Online: 811

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You need different lens mounts. There are mounts made for this enlarger (and turret) that add about a half inch in length and eliminate the problem you are describing. You don't need to get a different enlarger, or have anything custom made. They are on the auction site frequentely. The other alternative is to replace the turret with the single slide in lens mount, and then any lens will screw in with no problem.

This pix show my turret with 3 EL nikkors - the 63mm, an 80mm and a 105mm. The 80mm is an older one and mounts on a flat board, but the 63 and the 105 require the extended "board". The pic in the middle is the single mount. It slides in just like the turret and you can put any lens/mount on it.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lenses.jpg   mount.jpg   turret.jpg  
    Last edited by David Brown; 09-13-2007 at 02:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David,

that's really good advice! I'll have to look into this. Is the part officially called a 'turret mount'? In case I need to fish around for one online.

Thank you!

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    David,

that's really good advice! I'll have to look into this. Is the part officially called a 'turret mount'? In case I need to fish around for one online.

Thank you!

- Thomas
    I don't think it's actually called a "turret" mount, it's just for lenses that stick out at the back, and so need more clearance. I should have added that these are not threaded, so you'll also need a retaining ring. But again, none of this is exotic. They're available. A little patience and research and you'll turn them up. When I got my D5, I spent a good bit of time collecting all of the mounts, carriers, and other do-dads I either needed or wanted, but I eventually got them all. Good luck!

Shooter
    Large Format
    They are called 'turret extension plates' and they are still available new. Here's one for a standard Leica thread from Calumet:

http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/OA4180/

No affiliation with Calument, yada, yada.

Ee

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderman View Post
    They are called 'turret extension plates' and they are still available new. Here's one for a standard Leica thread from Calumet:

No affiliation with Calument, yada, yada.

Ee
    Or this:

http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/OA4171/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderman View Post

Yep, that's it. Ok, I stand corrected on the nomenclature. But $70! Seriously - a little patience on the 'bay and 1 will turn up for $5-10!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    $70! Seriously - a little patience on the 'bay and 1 will turn up for $5-10!
    I have little doubt. In fact, I looked there before I posted the new ones.

Best of luck!

Ed

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin