Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,471   Posts: 1,570,921   Online: 823

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've made acceptable 8 x 10 prints from colour negatives using both Ilford MG III and IV as well as Agfa MCC. Because of the base fog of the colour negative it is necessary to use a harder grade 3.5 or 4 to build any contrast, in my experience. I also had some rather grainy results which I think were caused by the brand of colour film used, unfourtunately it is so long ago that I can't remember which film I did use.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My experince here seems to be somewhat different.

My photograph, "Untitled", top center of page 2 in the Standard Gallery here, was taken with Agfacolor 400 color negative film, and printed on Ilford MutiGrade IV - Portfolio.

The enlarging exposure was unusually long: On the order of 100 seconds @ f/5.6, when the usual is about 30 seconds. My first test exposures seemed to have *too much* contrast... so the dichroic filtration on my enlarger (Omega D5500) was eventually set to what would be the equivalent of ~ Grade 1.5 or so.

Of course the color-to-black-and-white "coding" is not accurate. I like it the way it is, though - therefore, that is the way it will be.

Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I never exposed anywhere near that long... maybe that was the problem. Thanks there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin