Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,159   Online: 1085

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Last question...I hope

Well, so far, this is the last question I have:

If the new paper speed is, let's say, 125 and the reference paper speed is 200, the correction figure to input is 2 1/3 steps by 4 equals 8. This 8 is a negative or a positive value?

Thanks again and again and ...
    Alfonso

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goros View Post
    Reading the Analyzer instructions I saw that the reference paper settings are for a difusser enlarger. I have a Kaiser condenser enlarger, so I have to calibrate the Analyzer for the papers I'm using.
    I've got a Kaiser enlarger and I find the default values in the Analyser Pro to be correct for Ilford MGIV RC. Try the default settings with a negative that you know well. Make sure that it is well exposed and has a full range of tones. Compare the results you get with the analyser with your old prints.

I did this with one of my favourite negatives when I first got the analyser and found that the analyser recommended printing half a grade harder which produced an even better print!

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goros View Post
    Well, so far, this is the last question I have:

If the new paper speed is, let's say, 125 and the reference paper speed is 200, the correction figure to input is 2 1/3 steps by 4 equals 8. This 8 is a negative or a positive value?

Thanks again and again and ...
    It's a positive value because the new paper speed is a smaller number than the reference, indicating that the new paper is slower and therefore requires more exposure.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin