Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,250   Online: 757

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

omega d2v and vc filters

I just purchased a new to me omega d2v and Id like not to use below the lens vc filtration, but there is no filter drawer such as on the beseler 45mx.

So what im wondering is, would I be alright to place 6" filters on top of one of the condensers, and if so which one? I dont know if I should worry about heat damaging them or anything else.

Any suggestions?

Gracias

On a side note this is my first personal darkroom space and words dont really do justice to how excited I am. Been waiting about two years to do this (now I dont know why though, as it turned out to be wayyyyy cheaper than expected). Anyway, yeah.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On my D2V, there is a drawer containing the condenser lens which has a filter holder below the condenser (or above depending on setting of the lens) for filters.

I used this area for years for both VC and color printing. I believe that the filter size was 4x4, but it may be somewhat larger.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On my Super Chromega Dichroic II head, there is a slot right under the mixing chamber glass that is 6x6...can I put an Ilford VC filter there (and keep the dichroic filters inactive) and use white light with them.

I'm thinking this might be the way to go for harder grades, if this is the way you can use these filters...?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Another option is to put the filter on top of the negative carrier before closing the head. I used to do this with my Beseler 23C with cold light head all the time. Once I got a dichroic head for my Beseler 45, I quit worrying about it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks guys,

When I get home I'll check again to see if there is some sort of slot to put them in near the condensers that I may have missed.

Images
    My D2V came with a two part metal filter holder that was specifically made to slip into the condeser chamber. Maybe you can find one on ebay.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    maybe harry taylor at http://www.classic-enlargers.com
    has the things you are looking for. if he doesn't he may have a different solution.
    i have kodak polycontrast filters, and there is a little filter holder that clamps
    onto my lens and the filters slide into that.

good luck!
    john

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm getting ready to buy one of these tomorrow. I went to Harry's site to do research on the use of VC's with the D2-V. Click on the forum link. Many people ask that question and Harry gives very detailed answers. He states that he lays the 6x6 filters on top of the movable condenser. The other option is to buy from him the transition lamphouse that contains a filter drawer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently went through this same dilemma with my DII, and I found a filter drawer lamphouse on Ebay for $25 US, or so. There's currently an Omega variable condenser drawer on ebay,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-D-Series-V...QQcmdZViewItem
    Which would probably do the trick. It doesn't look as though it has the condenser, but that may not matter, though I'm not certain.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PVia View Post
    On my Super Chromega Dichroic II head, there is a slot right under the mixing chamber glass that is 6x6...can I put an Ilford VC filter there (and keep the dichroic filters inactive) and use white light with them.

I'm thinking this might be the way to go for harder grades, if this is the way you can use these filters...?
    Yes, you can and it works well. I still use the 6x6 filters that way with mine when I need too. I made some carriers for the filters from some cardboard to keep them from collecting scratches and fingerprints.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin