Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,243   Online: 815

Shooter
    35mm

Omega Chromega B Dichroic

Isnt there a under-lens filter carrier made for this enlarger?
    I know there has to be, my lens board has a srew mount that looks like it should take a carrier.
    The problem is I cant find a carrier for this enlarger anywhere. (Actually, Ive only been looking on ebay.) I still find it odd that over the last 4 or 5 weeks a carrier hasnt shown up on the ebay site.
    Any help?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Filter holders don't come up on their own terribly often, but they are included with the Ilford and Kodak under-lens contrast filter sets.
    Or, you might be able to adapt a camera gel holder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Look over at KHB Photographix

Kevin Brown's shop in Mississuaga stocks all sorts of enlarger bits. If it doesn't exist they will even make it.

Somewhere online on thier site there is a reference section of every Omega or Devere ever made. This should tell you about it.

I too have a B, and noticed the tapped hole, but have never bothered with a red filter so far. I was going to make one from a piece of clear acrylic, a bolt, a spacer, and red Rosco gel, but it is not a project that has worked up the priority list. I suppose that will have to wait for retirement. That for me is likely 20 years off, so the do it someday list will be very long by then.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use a Chromega B and built an under the lens filter holder from a rectangular aluminum sheet. I sawed a cut-out in the sheet with a saber saw and bolted it to the lensboard (rather than the tapped hole mentioned) through a short piece of steel tubing that acts as a spacer. The project took perhaps an hour of time plus time for the flat black paint to dry. I need the under-the lens filter holder for B&W VC filters since the built-in filters in the color head have faded (which may have had something to due with me forgetting to turn on the lamphousing fan).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I own this enlarger (as well as the B-66) and it does have an OEM under-lens filter carrier. If you buy a Kodak polycontrast kit, it comes with its own under-lens filter carrier.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the help. I'll look into those filter sets. If worse comes to worse, I'll make something.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin