Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,879   Online: 1088

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks, Dave, and to everyone who commented. I think I am on the right track.

Next time I will upload some scans into the critique gallery.

BTW I PM'd Simon Galley yesterday.
    Mark Tomlinson

Shooter
    35mm
    Regarding the curl, depending on your easel design, you might also try heavy-duty paperclips (the sort that can clip dozens of sheets of paper, not the wimpy sort that are just thin bent metal rods) to hold down the easel blades. This obviously won't work if the blades are positioned very far from the edge of the easel, though.

Another option is to curl the paper into a tube shape in the opposite direction of the curl. I do this sometimes when my RC paper acquires a curl (usually in the winter) when I'm printing on a borderless easel. It's pretty effective for the minor curl I encounter, but it sounds like your curling problem may be more severe than anything I've seen.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Simon Galley has kindly asked for me to send him some of the sheets. So I will see what he says before using the rest of the box.
    Mark Tomlinson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Mark kindly sent me a sample of the RC WT paper, and whilst it is within manufacturing and QC guidelines at rest it has a 4mm central curl
    so I have replaced it as an act of goodwill.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would just like to thank Simon for his swift attention to this issue (I only posted the samples yesterday). With customer support like this Ilford is certainly worthy of support. I certainly wasn't expecting the product to be automatically replaced as I pointed out in private correspondance with him.

Regards
    Mark Tomlinson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin