Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,487   Online: 914

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Another theory is to use a opaque projector as an enlarger. I've seen thse on ebay and in theory you could tape a piece of paper to the wall and project on it, giving you a larger negative, you could then do a contact print of the larger one. Does this make sense?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You mean an Epidiascpe, unfortunately the optical quality is extremely poor. It would be one step though as an print of a negative would be a positive.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but if enlargements are the goal, why not just shoot film in your pinhole camera? Sure, you have to learn how to handle and develop film (mostly getting used to the dark), but that seems like a lot less hassle than making internegs, peeling emulsion, etc.

Doremus Scudder

www.DoremusScudder.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    there's a book called "B&W Photo-Lab" Hand Colouring and Alternative Darkroom Processes", by Andrew Sanderson. there's a whole chapter in it about printing with paper negatives. most examples involve using film and printing with an positive/interneg step. however there are several examples of an in-camera paper neg. and several examples which were shot in film, then contact printed and then a paper interneg was used in an enlarger to make the final print.

if you can find single-weight fiber paper, that will be the easiest to enlarge with. however finding that AND graded paper (which works better than VC paper as a negative) is possibly impossible.

i've shot with paper negs and contact printed. i've also enlarged onto paper positives/internegs (see below). i have not yet enlarged with a paper neg, but it's definitely possible.

and you can see the interneg steps, as well as the pencil shading, here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin