Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,141   Online: 961

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I get fuzzy corners with my 45mm Schneider APO with any condenser enlarger. Glass carriers and well aligned, but all four corner are fuzz. Put the lens on a diffusion machine and it works like a champ. I have tried it on 4 condenser machines and three diffusions all set in my darkroom.

The lens was ready to go in the bin at one point.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Moravec View Post
    I get fuzzy corners with my 45mm Schneider APO with any condenser enlarger. Glass carriers and well aligned, but all four corner are fuzz. Put the lens on a diffusion machine and it works like a champ. I have tried it on 4 condenser machines and three diffusions all set in my darkroom.

The lens was ready to go in the bin at one point.
    I experience light fall off in the corners when using the 40mm on my 67SC condenser enlarger, but I didn't actually print any pictures using the entire frame, so I don't know if there is a sharpness issue. I suspect I will see the same thing you do if I were to do that, though.

Since I got the lens specifically to crop down bigger enlargements, I doubt that I will be using the corners of the projected image much. If I need to crop down to the corner of the negative, I will probably just move the negative over so the section I'm printing is more centered in the carrier.

I kinda wouldn't mind having a diffusion head for that 67SC enlarger, but I do have a diffusion 4x5 enlarger and have found that the 40mm works just fine without a recessed lens board. That was a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for the reply.

-Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin