Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,694   Online: 1201

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MF enlarger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

MF enlarger

I have a focomat with the splitgrade timer but am now moving into meduim format having bought a fuji rangefinder. Do you have any reccomendations for a good enlarger that will print 6x9 negs, obviously I'll have to buy the splitgrade head for it but not the timer because I already have this. Ta

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Durst M805 for upto 6x9cm or Durst L1200 for upto 4x5. Both exceptionally good enlargers although I find my L1200 a little big for 35mm format as positioning negs in film carrier can be tricky for fine adjustments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Omega Super Chromega Dichroic II D5XL will do up to 20"x24" on 4"x5". The filters will work for variable contrast black and white or can be used for color enlarging.

The six element lenses are the best for any enlarger.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Meopta Magnifax 4(old model) or 4a(new model). Durst and others are considered as "better", but I still wait to see someone who consider Meopta as "bad"

If you decide for Magnifax, you must send enlarger's head to Heiland to install splitgrade head, it is not user serviceable for Magnifax (atleast that is what Heiland tells).
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    yup meopta enlargers are quite agricultural compared to durst. But any enlarger is a good enlarger if it is setup up properly. They are all pretty basic really. Providing the fine focus works smoothly and it stays in focus once focussed and each stage can be aligned and stay in alignment then its a goodun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another vote for the Magnifax 4. Yes it's a bit crude as a piece of engineering, but so what, it's stable and works a treat. Plus, unlike the Dursts, it's still in production, along with its accessories. What really matters, though, is what lens you put on it.

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone know what the current situation is with Meopta enlargers? I purchased a Magnifax 4a colour two years ago new, but from looking at www.thedarkroom.co.uk, they aren't listing the Magnifax colour.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom, I think manufacture of Meopta enlargers ceased some time ago, but there were still quite large stocks.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tom, why don't you ask directly at source, www.meopta.com

There are after all Kaiser and Kienzle, but much higher priced...
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would certainly endorse both the Durst M805 and the Magnifax 4 which I still have but no longer use. They are very reliable enlargers that will deliver years of service.

http://www.thedarkroom.co.uk/product...11&getBrand=22

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin