Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,646   Online: 790

Shooter
    4x5 Format

vcl 4500 & zone VI compensating timer

can anyone tell me how to conect a zone vi timer to the vcl 4500, how do you use the zone vi probe with the vcl or can you.
    thanks
    mitch
    Last edited by mitch brown; 01-09-2008 at 08:38 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: left out letter

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I don't have either of these products. However, I think that the zone VI compensating timer compensates for fluctuations in output of a cold light as the temeprature of the light source fluctuates. By VCL 4500 I assume you mean the Saunders/LPL which has a dichroic light source. Therefore, the lightsource output does not fluctuate. In other words, you don't need the compensation feature. You should be able to use the timer with the usual connections. I use the RH Designs StopClock Pro.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The Aristo 4500 had a control box with a built-in plug for timers, but your Zone VI timer has a unique multi-prong plug (if memory serves). Just call Aristo and get a firm answer. Try http://www.aristogrid.com

I thought they used to manufacturer (for Zone Vi or themselves) their bucketheads with the Zone VI timer connection built-in. Maybe, maybe not.

CH

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    can't tell you how to hook the vcl 4500 to the zone vi timer but I can tell you how to hook it to a Metrolux II timer. Sorry

lee\c

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    thanks everyone . i will call aristo tommorow and see what they say. i will be looking for a Metrolux.
    mitch
    mitch brown

Shooter
    Large Format
    Whether you get a Metrolux or Zone VI timer, a compensating timer will need a light-sensing probe installed in the lamp head. Both Metrolux and Zone VI make such a probe for their respective timers and the installation in the lamp head is pretty easy. Aristo used to have installation instruction on their website.
    —Eric

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Aristo used to have installation instruction on their website.

they still do,

lee\c

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin