Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,862   Online: 1135

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

c700 enlarger question

Does anyone know if an Omega C700 requires any adjusment to the condensers to print 6x6? I don't think there are any alternative positions/condensers for the enlarger, but I may be wrong. Also, is a 75m lens large enough to print 6x6 without vignetting or do I need an 80mm? Thanks.

Jmal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No adjustment and an 80mm would be better but the 75mm should be fine. I have one and when I used to use it I used a 75mm El Nikkor, it worked fine, I switched to an Aristo Cold Light head and later went to a Beseler 45MCRX.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks, Curt. So, you have used the C700 for 6x6 and everything worked okay? I don't need huge enlargements, so I woud imagine the column is high enough for 10x10 inch prints max. I guess if it is not, I can use a shim to get it higher.

Jmal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do 11 x 14 with an 80mm lens on my C700 all the time, that's about the limit without reversing the enlarger on the baseboard.

If you provide your email, I can send you a copy of the manual.

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree, 11x14 is the largest I made with the enlarger. I believe that the enlarger instructions say you can turn the column around 180 degrees and project it on the floor. If you look you will see four bolts that easily come off and it turns very easily. That way you can put it on a counter and project onto a chair or floor for larger prints. Put weights on the base board and the column which is at a forward angle works perfectly.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin