Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,843   Online: 782

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Are the chemicals 2 years old too? Perhaps that led to underbleaching. If the paper was kept chilled it could be OK.

Wayne

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you, I think you are perfectly right for the blue color cast as I realised I have not follow the correct temperature processing and doing so produce an under developement and bleaching.

For the fog part (all over the image). What do you mean by "If keeping were to be a problem, then silver fog is the result..." I bet it is completly understandable for an american english speaker but in this case I am unfortunatly french. May you use other words for the same idea?

Thanks again to everyone's participation.

P.S: Are the dye in this order from top to bottom: Y-M-C ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Of course.

If an emulsion keeps too long, it tends to form fog. This means that silver metal forms where it should not which is the unexposed part of the image.

If such fog forms in Ilfochrome, it causes a reduction in the density of blacks. If it is even, they become gray, if it is not, then they become colored.

Dye layer order is Y/M/C from top to bottom. This is the reverse of chromogenic color materials which is C/M/Y from top to bottom.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello,

Could the low temperature explain that develloper and bleach cannot reach C layer?

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin