Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,165   Online: 718

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Blue dominant in Cibachrome

Some of my ciba/ilfochrome have a light blue dominant in the white.
    I have one picture with a white wall and it takes a light blue dominant.
    I read here that it can be the dev temperature (to low).

Can anyone tell me more?

In advance I thank you,
    Julien.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How are you viewing the print? I had my lab do an Ilfochrome for me recently that has a blue tinge under fluorescent light, but warms up under daylight.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Are you talking about freshly made prints?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for your answers.

I'm talking about dry prints that I look in day light.

If anyone has a clue?

Thanks,
    Julien.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    What kind of fluorescent lights are you looking at your prints under? I would recommend high quality daylight bulbs... that could be a problem.

But it could also be a problem with the chemistry. My recollection is a overly potent bleach will give your prints, highlights more so a cyan cast.

Corey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by boyooso View Post
    What kind of fluorescent lights are you looking at your prints under? I would recommend high quality daylight bulbs... that could be a problem.
    Thanks, as I said I look my prints with direct day light (but no sun light).

Does anyone experience that trouble or know the influence of low temperature on developement?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A cyan color crossover in cibachrome highlights is not uncommon. Which chemicals were you using (P3, P3.2?) and at what temperature? Is the paper fresh? Were you partially reusing chemicals? Was this your first batch ever printed, or have you been doing it for a while? I'm not sure it will help me answer the question but it cant hurt.

Wayne

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "Which chemicals were you using (P3, P3.2?)"
    P3.2
    "and at what temperature?"
    22°C
    "Is the paper fresh?"
    Out of date since 2 years
    "Were you partially reusing chemicals?"
    No
    "Was this your first batch ever printed"
    No

I mistake the temperature from the beginning. The ilfochrome's doc start at 20°C when the doc with the chemistry talk about 24° at least. Then I will try at 28°C and reduce the exposure time.

If you have another idea, I will take it.
    Thanks Julien.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If your paper is 2 years out-of-date, I think this may be the problem. Are you using a dichroic color head as the light source? Can you make some filter corrections at the color head to compensate for the blue cast?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A blue color cast in Ilfochrome materials indicates incomplete dye removal. Incomplete dye removal can result from several things.

1. Under development. Since development is related to layer order, less silver is formed in the bottom layers (C and M) resulting in a residual blue cast in whites.

2. Under bleaching. Since bleaching is related to layer order as well, some dye can be left over in the bottom layers.

If keeping were to be a problem, then silver fog is the result, and fog in dye bleach materials reduces dmax causing gray or colored shadows. Fog in Ilfochrome does not normally affect the highlights.

PE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin