Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,684   Online: 901

RLB

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Beseler 45V Enlarger Problems

I recently acquired a Beseler 45V with a variable contrast head from my local art museum (its photo dept has gone digital). The problem is that the controller (#8573) for the head is not working. According to Beseler, this controller is no longer made. Does anyone by chance have one available that he or she is willing to sell? Ebay has nothing. Any other suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,

Rita
    Philadelphia

Shooter
    Medium Format

Cheap controller

Here is my fix for my Dual Dichro:

Disconnect wires going to original PS from lamp socket. Look up http://www.goldmine-elec.com and find part number G9946 (green plug). This is a 7 amp 106 volt regulated power supply. Wire this to your lamp socket and connect the Green Plug to your timer. Now find a 120 volt halogen lamp of the same or close to the same watts as your original lamp. You are now finished and have a new power supply for less than five bucks. Buy an extra for your older fridge or small AC unit too.

RLB

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I very much appreciate your response. But would this work for the controller of a variable contrast head (Beseler Universal 45 Head)?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Oddly, I can't find my original post. In any case, I am not that familiar with the Universal light source which was supposed to be very nice. I have the Dual dichro 45S head on the beseler 45 vxl enlarger. Separately, I picked up a color controller for a Universal head, hoping that I might pick up the light source and power supply for a good price. Seems like together we have what we need! I think that the light source and power supply are the same for VC and Color, but a different controller is attached for VC or Color. Of course, you can use the color controller for VC printing by selecting blue and green (I recall that the light source is an additive rather than subtractive light source). In other words, I think my controller would work with your light source and power supply for B&W VC printing.
    Jerold Harter MD

RLB

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Jerold, Thanks for your message. I am following up through your direct email. Rita

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin