Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,542   Online: 989

Shooter
    Medium Format

Flashing colour paper

Just read Les McLean's article on pre-flashing black and white paper.
    My question is; does anybody use this method with colour paper and negatives?
    It would seem to offer some control over those contrasty negs, or better still, allow us to develop a little longer to improve colour saturation.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The problem I see with flashing color paper, is the color of the light flashing the paper will create a color shift in the paper. I think the only way for this to work would be to put a clear processed C-41 strip in your enlarger in place of the negative, but of the same emulsion as the negative, and pre-flash at the correct color balance for the negative you are going to print.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes thanks phototone, I had made that assumption but that should not be a problem if you flash it with a colour head should it? You would have to use a filtration that would give grey/white/black neutrality but I have a channel on my analyser set for that anyway.
    Anybody tried this?
    Richard Harris.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin