Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,192   Online: 815

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thread size for Schneider Componon-S 135mm

I recently purchased a Schneider Componon-S 135mm lens for my Durst 1000 enlarger. Unfortunately I don't have the correct lensboard and will need to find one somewhere - I hope. From an almost futile web search, I believe the thread size of the lens is 42mm X 0.75, and that there is a 42mm Durst Lapla lensboard for the Durst 1000 enlarger. Can anyone confirm this for me, before I go looking for something else that won't fit?
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is indeed a 42mm x 0.75 or Lapla 42 this lens will fit into.
    Hope you get it.

jan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Its 39mm I have one

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, my 135mm Componon S is a 42 so there's obviously two thread sizes.

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, sorry to confuse the issue a bit more.

From the Schneider web site:

http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecomm...D=176&IID=1982

This is a 135mm f5.6 lens most commonly used to make photographic prints with 4x5 inch large format negatives. The 135mm focal length allows print sizes 10% larger than the 150mm focal length lens often used for this format. It is equipped with user conveniences such as an illuminated aperture scale with click stop override. This model has 50mm x 0.75 mounting threads.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw the 50mm size on the Schneider site. They must have come out with a design change. Mine is definitely not 50mm. I'm pretty sure it's 42mm. 39 seems too small even allowing for some measurement error on my part. I've written Schneider and asked them the thread size, and gave them the serial number (14 132 584). Jensen's sells the Lapla for $39, so I know I'll be able to order one.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have this exact lens and was in the same predicament as you. It is definitely a Lapla 42 board for this lens (just popped out to the darkroom to double check). Well my lens anyway..
    I had a nightmare of a time finding one. Just as I was about to give up I found and snatched one up on ebay.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I can confirm that it requires a 42mm Durst Lapla mount-suitable for Laborator series enlargers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the input. I've ordered one from Jensen's.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin