Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,048   Online: 790

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Daniel,

The print and the effect you added to the print, makes good use of the original negative. Great look and I bet the print looks better in real life.

Shooter
    35mm
    yep i agreee here, loving the print and toning. really made something of it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have just discovered and read through this thread today.. It is a wonderful thing- I'd like to thank to all of you who participated and I'll be looking forward to see more - and I'll try to add my own contribution as well.
    | website | ipernity thing |

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fantastic thread! The posts here could be a manual for fine darkroom printing.

Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Shawn,
    Thanks for the detailed post, very informative. Very nice b/w print too. thanks for sharing.
    I have a quick question on your negative development process - could you please share the developer you use. (I currently use Rodinal Stand and tried HC-110 but having over development issues, but the 1:140 dilution could be useful. Will post some sample scans and print interpretations to the thread shortly).
    Regards,
    Arun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aruns View Post
    Hi Shawn,
    Thanks for the detailed post, very informative. Very nice b/w print too. thanks for sharing.
    I have a quick question on your negative development process - could you please share the developer you use. (I currently use Rodinal Stand and tried HC-110 but having over development issues, but the 1:140 dilution could be useful. Will post some sample scans and print interpretations to the thread shortly).
    Regards,
    Arun.
    Thank you! =) If you are referring to my last post, Skunk Run Falls, the developer was Rodinal (Adox Adonal). I've found at very high dilutions, changing the time brings up the shadows more than the highlights and changing the dilution brings down the highlights more than the shadows.

I've gotten away from stand development for a variety of reasons but that is another issue which has been discussed to no end here on APUG. =)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Shawn,
    Thank you and yes, I was referring to the Skunk Run Falls post.
    You make two very interesting observations here on the relationship between developer dilution, time, and shadow/highlights.
    I am very curious about your other experiences and observations with Rodinal, such as this. If you have posted them anywhere, please do share the link.
    Also, if you aren't doing stand, may I ask you what approach you use these days.

Thanks,
    Arun

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aruns View Post
    Hi Shawn,
    Thank you and yes, I was referring to the Skunk Run Falls post.
    You make two very interesting observations here on the relationship between developer dilution, time, and shadow/highlights.
    I am very curious about your other experiences and observations with Rodinal, such as this. If you have posted them anywhere, please do share the link.
    Also, if you aren't doing stand, may I ask you what approach you use these days.

Thanks,
    Arun
    Arun,
    I sent you a PM with some additional information. =)
    Shawn

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm quite keen on PCAT for semistand development, but YMMV.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin