Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,816   Posts: 1,581,635   Online: 871

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilford MG Filters, up to 7?

A friend of mine gave me a pack of these today, and I haven't had a chance to try them out yet (Spent the day in Michigan picking up a DeVere 8x10, Durst 4x5 and an cute MP4) but these filters raise a curiosity, do they really go up to "7" or do they only go up to "11", in the sense of the arbitrary number knob.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought they only went up to 5, starting at 00, then 0, 1/2, 1, 1 1/2 etc. until 5.

...probably a mismatch due to some conversion between metric system and imperial units...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My enlarger goes to 11. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and... it's six contrastier, isn't it? It's not five.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin