Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,317   Online: 1141

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Looking for inexpensive darkroom rental NYC

Im looking for an inexpensive black and white darkroom in NYC that I can rent, for a few times a week at most. I use 4x5 and 6x7 primarily. I have been to printspace and, while their facilities are nice, $18 an hour is too much. Im familiar with ICP, but i need to build up credits there as a TA before i can really work there.

I have been doing photography for almost ten years now. I have been in Seoul, korea for the last two years teaching english and exhibiting there. Now that im back in Brooklyn i need a reliable place to work. It doesnt have to be fancy, just reliable.

any suggestions?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I haven't used them myself, but try--

http://www.cameraclubny.org/

I've always decided that I prefer the inconveniences of the dark/bathroom to the inconveniences of shared darkroom space, but I've looked into the options in case the dark/bathroom were to become really impossible, and this didn't seem too bad.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thanks, Ill look into that. I also prefer to work alone, but since im now living with my parents, in a fairly small bathroom, its not an option.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Any other idea?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm not sure about b/w rental but color rental is $11 or $12 per hour at my own color lab on w. 27th st. It seems as though everyone I know who's still printing has moved from print space to my own over the past few years.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi, I came across a lab called Mackensie, or something like that, in Williamsburg and they might rent space.
    Cblkdog

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thanks for your responses, The Camera Club is too expensive for me (at $1,600 a year). I will definietly check out My Own Color lab and Mack's for color, the prices are certainly better. But both only do color and Im still in need of a black and white darkroom.

Oh, I was also informed that no rental lab will allow toning because of DEP regulations, so I guess i'll be doing that step at home (my parents wont be happy about that one).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Why not grab a cheap enlarger somewhere and set up your own bathroom darkroom.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Like I mentioned earlier, i dont have room for it. my bathroom is very small and there isnt enough space for a 4x5 enlarger. It also isnt light proof, which would not be problem normally, except that im sharing it with my parents who would not be happy with a windowless bathroom. nor would they be happy with not being able to use the bathroom for hours on end. Any other suggestions?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    What about the ICP in NYC?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin