Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,158   Online: 984

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    George: here are the part numbers for the Rosco Gels from Calumet: RC5083 for the blue and RC5189 for the green. You should be able to use the search feature on their web site and go right to them. Both filters came in 20x24" sheets, so you can cut a number of filters out of each sheet.

Also, regarding split grade printing, I learned the basics from books, but was really able to refine split grade printing by spending a day in the darkroom with Les McLean. I recommend you follow this link to his web site and find his article on split grade printing: http://www.lesmcleanphotography.com/index.php

Thanks for the compliment on my site.

Dan

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info. I have been using an Ilford set with this bulb (and the Aristo head made for 6" filters) with Forte but will be moving to Ilford MG (both fiber). I feel like the color of the bulb creates conflicts with the filters, possibly resulting in very long exposures, and maybe not good filter performance. When I split grade using these, the 00 exposure can be quite long, and with burning in, and switching filters, a 16x20 can take up to 5 - 8 minutes with all the exposures, and that's from a 4x5 neg.
    Steve Sherman once recommended the two filter system as you use, so I guess it's time to try it.
    Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin