Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,697   Online: 705

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hi

i have an auto omega e4 and i am looking for a negative carrier. the one it came with is incomplete. i have a lead on one from someone that suggested they would sell it to me, but i haven't heard from them in a while, and i found a company in canada that suggested they would be able to make my incomplete carrier whole again .. but it could take a long time, and then there is the canadian postal system from what i have heard it ain't as reliable as the good ol' usps ...

any suggestions where i might be able to locate one of these carriers if both leads i have don't pan-out?

oh .. i've talked to harry taylor the omega-man, and he hasn't seen one in a long long time

thanks in advance for you help!

john

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    All I can say is good luck. I have an Omega E3 with a cold light head. It came with one glass 5x7 holder. I have looked everywhere, including talking to Harry about two years ago. I did find half of one of the holders in a box of photo junk at my local flea market about a year ago. I am begining to believe that the world's supply of E series 5x7 neg holders were the cargo on board Amelia Earhart's plane.

Sharing your pain,

Patrick
    "Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do!"-Bender Bending Rodriguez

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks for your well-wishes patrick!
    if you want - after i get it made in canada, i'll let you know how it worked
    i have a feeling, THAT is what i am going to have to do

-john

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    E-Series Negative holders seem to be rarer than gold dust. Mine came with a 5x7 glass carrier but my quest was the conversion carrier that would allow me to use the D-series carriers. After a 2 year search I found one at a camera swap meet.

I have picked up other e-series acessories at Mid West Photo. They are very helpful and do send out a regular mailing list

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin