Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,670   Posts: 1,481,762   Online: 988

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Pinhole
    One of the Fred Picker newsletters described a workshop activity where he sent folks out with a Polaroid camera to shoot within an old bus. Does anyone have that issue? Thanks.

Joel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is there any follow-up on Calumet's position on this? I've got a set that goes to #61 but would like to see the rest of them somehow. I recall this old thread and had forgotten it over time....
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Digital Negs

The final Zone VI newsletter

I am looking for a copy of the final Zone VI newsletter. I got a hit on this site that indicated you might have one.

THanks.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    this thread is very old, however, which newsletter ? I have the whole set.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you looking for a copy to purchase? Or just the scanned contents to read?

I was an original subscriber and still have my complete set, including some of the follow-on Calumet replacements. The first issue was in August of 1973. The final issue (announcing Fred's resignation) was #83 in September, 1995. It begins with a quote from Salvador Dali. I still read them beginning to end every couple of years. I like his curmudgeonly outlook on photography.

I'm not willing to sell my originals. But I would be willing to scan a few missing issues for you to read, just to fill in any holes. I've done this for others.

PM me (click on my name to the left and choose Private Message), if interested.

Oh, and welcome to APUG.

Ken

[Edit: Looks like Ann is also willing to help...]
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 09-27-2012 at 12:30 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added [Edit]...
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I too have the complete set, they will make great reading someday , to revisit Fred's notes.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    #24, April 1980. Even 28 years later the information and technique are worth studying. Brash, bordering on arrogant and full of himself Fred still managed to convey useful information in a no frills way that helped many a tyro on the path they now tread.

Anybody that actually set their tripod and camera up 50 times before they went out the first time benefited enormously from the exercise and if you didn't learn "different is not the same" and "Try It", you just weren't listening!

A searchable file would be pretty neat to have. I'll be curious to see where this goes.
    Usually anyone worth studying or emulating can be brash and arrogant. The trick is to set that stuff aside and glean what useful bits you can. I hope you guys can pull this off, I've wanted to at least read his newsletters.

Steve

Hi Marv!

P.S. Missed the origination date of this thread, oh well.
    Last edited by scheimfluger_77; 09-28-2012 at 09:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin