Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,272   Online: 829

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilford multigrade filter position

Hi,

I have just bought a Philips PCS130 enlarger for very little money.
    Above the condensor there is a drawer which I suppose is the filter drawer.

Is it OK to put the -Ilford multigrade above lens filters- in this drawer (above the condensor I mean) ?

Thanx !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's what the drawer is for, so no problem.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Just to be clear: Is this a PCS130 without the matching PCS150 light source? Every PCS130 I've seen for sale on eBay has come with a PCS150, which has a light source in the head with three MR11 halogen bulbs and an external control panel that lets you adjust the intensity of the red, green, and blue bulbs. If you've got the PCS150, then you'd probably do better to use it to adjust the contrast of your prints instead of using multigrade filters. Check the Yahoo Tri-One group for manuals and other help with these enlargers.

If you've got only the PCS130, though, with a single screw-in bulb in the head, the filter drawer and multigrade filters are probably the way to go.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin