Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,395   Online: 1039

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My timer is a standard DeVere unit with three time controls 10 secs, 1 sec, .1 sec connected to a DeVere 240V control unit. The fans come on when the power is turned on via the control unit; exposure seems to operate as a separate function. I would have thought it was advantageous to have the fans running constantly when the unit is on to dissipate heat from the head and bulbs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, my colour head has an adjustable relay that allows me to set a delay so the fan turns off immediately or up to 10 or 15 seconds after the lamps. This is probably non standard. It's an RS components relay I'll see what the circuit is in Sept/Oct.

Again some slide projectors had something similar built in to protect the lamp.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just measure that lip on the flange, that has to fit inside the hole you drill. Drill just under-size then file it out until it fits. Then With those rear elements unscrewed (as in the photo) you should be able to mark and drill the flange and secure it.
    Ian,

How did you go about drilling the hole?

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom I used a hole cutter, slightly under the final size, the type that fits a drill, I clamped the panel to a piece of old wood as it requires a pilot hole, then I filed the panel to fit with a medium/coarse half round file.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom I used a hole cutter, slightly under the final size, the type that fits a drill, I clamped the panel to a piece of old wood as it requires a pilot hole, then I filed the panel to fit with a medium/coarse half round file.
    A standard electric power drill? I wasn't sure if the hole would need to be machined out...

Are you referring to this type of hole cutter?:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/26065/...t-Holesaw-76mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, the secret is in the final filing, that's what should be reasonably neat & precise. The holes on camera & enlarger lens boards are often quite crude because the lens flange forms the light seal, and the screws or nuts & bolts secure the flange & lens to the board.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin