Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,287   Online: 798

Shooter
    35mm

Cases for enlarging lenses needed!

Hi, I own 4 Focotar enlarging lenses ( 2 x Focotar 40 and 2 x Focotar 50) which I have been able to buy at a good price. They came without the plastic cases (screwmount) in which enlarger lenses are usually stored. Anyone willing to sell his/ her cases to me?? Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you don't need the "right" cases and just need suitable containers to store your lenses in, try using small plastic tupperware-like boxes. These are water and air-tight so moisture can come in to harm the lenses.
    FED ZORKI SURVIVAL SITE
    RANGEFINDERFILIPINAS
    Zorkikat.Com

"不管黑猫白猫能抓到老鼠就是好猫。" 邓小平
    It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.-邓小平

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

My enlarging lenses stay on lensboards

I then make a little matte board holder that they slide into, and are suspended from. A couple of wooden spacer, and screws secure this to the underside of shelf that sits behind the enlarger.

Pull one lens, and hang it, slide the other lens out, attach the lens board to the enlarger, swap neg carriers, and reset diffusuion boxes or condenser lens sets/settings and away you go for another format.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I'm right, these lenses have the same Leica mount thread that El Nikkor lenses have, they might be easier to come by.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Since you seem to be located in Europe goto www.foto-brenner.de. Search for Article no. 630299, 4,50€ each.
    http://www.foto-brenner.de/default.a...0&MENPRO=&ES=0
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I use padded lens cases - those black leatherette things - and also Tuppeware containers like someone else suggested. I also store a couple of my enlarger lenses in the plastic containers that ready-made cake frosting comes in which is a sweet solution. :-) There are endless containers that you can use for this purpose. You probably already have containers that will work already. The storage containers that enlarging lenses come in are nice - and I have some of those too - but they are definitely not necessary. But if you really want them, you can probably find them on eBay.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin