Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,714   Online: 985

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Beseler Dichro 45 filtration issue

Yesterday my color head would only max out at about 75 Magenta and 100 yellow, but today seems back to normal with 200+ readings. I donít know whether I was actually getting the maximum filtrations but the readout was wrong, or was getting reduced filtration. Has anyone experienced this inconsistency before and know of a cure? I understand the electronics are subject to failure and canít be replaced.

Also, itís difficult to focus on grain with this head because the fan vibrates so much and Iím not enthused about losing sharpness. So Iím looking at options for printing VC and graded papers with one head. I have a Beseler 45 MX II and use a 1980ís Zone VI cold light head with separate cold light stabilizer, and a Gralab digital timer. When printing VC I swap this for the Dichro 45. For Beseler 45 compatibility and product support into the future, is the Aristo VCL 4500 (expensive!) the way to go? Or I could opt for below-the-lens filters but would have to find a filter holder since I must have tossed it long ago (if it came with one). Any suggestions?!!!

Thanks,
    Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    You have the computerized version of the Dichro 45 color head right? The one with digital readout not the plain 45S. I have one too and mine did that sometime but now it's dead. The computer circuitry on these heads are not very good.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin