Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,558   Online: 775

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    Research shows that the company noted is both acclaimed and reviled...acclaimed for having parts and expertise, criticised for being slow to respond and some what aloof.
    Ed
    I've talked to Mr. Jensen at Durst Pro USA a few times during the last year and that hasn't been my experience. In my case he's been nothing but helpful, and I would not describe him as aloof or slow to respond.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    I've talked to Mr. Jensen at Durst Pro USA a few times during the last year and that hasn't been my experience. In my case he's been nothing but helpful, and I would not describe him as aloof or slow to respond.
    That's good to know. Did you have any need for repairs or equipment?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I bought an enlarger lens that needed a rare-ish lapla lensholder for my Lab 1000. He didn't have one, but ended up having some made, mine included. The machinist screwed up and put the wrong size thread in, I returned it and the replacement is on the way. He has been good to deal with throughout, and at one point even offered to loan me a lens that would fit a lensholder he did have in stock while mine was being made. I already had another lens and lensholder that would work together, so didn't need to take him up on his offer.

He told me that he spends 200 days a year on the road, servicing and installing Durst equipment, but he has never failed to return my calls and has kept me up-to-date on the status of the lensholder. I was impressed, especially considering that this is a pretty small and inexpensive piece of gear.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.

Thanks Johnny....by the way, have you ever had "The Blue"...had some in Chile a few years back....very smooth blended Scotch, but more expensive then some of my enlarging lenses...I'll give Mr. Jensen a ring about a few things.

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nope, Blue came out after I found I had exceeded my lifetime limit of Scotch.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    Thanks Johnny....by the way, have you ever had "The Blue"...had some in Chile a few years back....very smooth blended Scotch, but more expensive then some of my enlarging lenses...I'll give Mr. Jensen a ring about a few things.

Ed
    If you're sipping JW Blue in Chile you'll get along very well w/ Jensen...or rather he'll get along very well with you. Good luck!

Actually, an interesting story. I had never had that scotch, and without a thought I ordered one dram. When the price came I almost fell over....asked if they had made an error....answer was "no" of course....a valuable lesson to ask the price before ordering...I must have been carried away by the view from the mountain in the center of Santiago de Chile!

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    Yes, I bought an enlarger lens that needed a rare-ish lapla lensholder for my Lab 1000. He didn't have one, but ended up having some made, mine included. The machinist screwed up and put the wrong size thread in, I returned it and the replacement is on the way. He has been good to deal with throughout, and at one point even offered to loan me a lens that would fit a lensholder he did have in stock while mine was being made. I already had another lens and lensholder that would work together, so didn't need to take him up on his offer.

He told me that he spends 200 days a year on the road, servicing and installing Durst equipment, but he has never failed to return my calls and has kept me up-to-date on the status of the lensholder. I was impressed, especially considering that this is a pretty small and inexpensive piece of gear.

I'm glad Jensen came through for you, this was not my experience. Without going into too many details, I just want to say that I placed a very significant order with Jensen and the lack of communication, delays, and outright fabrications (lies?) was astounding. It took almost a year to receive items that I initially thought were in stock. I never did receive part of my order and had to make some parts myself. I will never buy from him again and urge others to use great caution. He is very knowledgeable though....

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by disfromage View Post
    I'm glad Jensen came through for you, this was not my experience. Without going into too many details, I just want to say that I placed a very significant order with Jensen and the lack of communication, delays, and outright fabrications (lies?) was astounding. It took almost a year to receive items that I initially thought were in stock. I never did receive part of my order and had to make some parts myself. I will never buy from him again and urge others to use great caution. He is very knowledgeable though....

Richard Wasserman
    Notice JW says "the replacement is on its way". Lots of sweet talking and promises being made is hardly "coming through". I'd rather crawl to Oregon through broken glass than deal with that man again and I dare say that I'm not alone in having this opinion.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a developed an original user guide for black and white printing with the AC800. Please feel free to view and download at www.durstac800.blogspot.ca

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin