Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,336   Posts: 1,537,569   Online: 1088

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Down Here, at the bottom of the World :a price survey for Ilford Paper..

Hello All ; I would welcome replies from APUG members in Nth America,Canada,U.K,Australia,and anyone else who would care to reply.
    I would like to know your local suppliers price for;,and to keep this simple;a 100 sheet box of Ilford MG Fibre,8x10in ,Glossy VC,paper.
    Excluding any special discounts,or shipping charges, what would you expect to pay for this quantity?
    Reason for asking?
    It has been my impression that ,in some markets,the consumer may be getting less than an optimum deal.
    No need for a currency conversion: I will convert the prices to NZ$-
    Regards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That product is about 40 to 45 GBP over here. However there may be other considerations, like New Zealand being a long way away, and a smaller market compared to Europe or North America, that have some effect on prices.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Smudger, as one of Scottish extraction who was born and grew up in Dunedin, I appreciate your concern.

Here in Australia, the product you nominated seems to be about AUD$150.00

Cheers from Oz.

Carey Bird

Shooter
    35mm
    You can check the Web sites for Freestyle, B&H, or Adorama for US pricing. Local brick-and-mortar stores are likely to have it for a few dollars more. Freestyle definitely ships overseas, if you find their product line or prices appealing, but of course you should verify shipping prices first! I'm not sure if B&H or Adorama will ship internationally.

Shooter
    35mm
    Checked on 7 sites in the U.K and agree with the other UK contributor. It varied between £42 and £55 with most in the £42 to £50 range

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format

Just as I expected..

Thanks for your replies folks :
    Results,priced in US dollars,at todays rates :

Freestyle :$84.99
    United Kingdom : $76.90 to 91.55
    Australia : $129.72
    New Zealand :$141.57
    I think I'll go and have a little lie down..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now I don't know how many containers of product Ilford ships to North America every year, but I'd guess the cost of shipping a full container to the US from the UK is a lot less than shipping 1/10th of the quantity of the same product halfway around the world.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It can't work quite like that though. Here in Malaysia it's RM305, USD 90. And I guarantee you that Malaysia is a smaller market than either Oz or NZ. Trouble is next week I'm moving to Perth and I've already seen the prices I am going to have to pay there and I'm not happy.

Hywel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Smudger, I've just recently restocked my paper and looked into suppliers fairly extensively. My experiences fwiw.
    I asked the largest Auck supplier what they could do for me. They offered a long lead time and retail prices. The situation in NZ is not great - Ilford distributor has to buy from their opposition in Australia.
    B&H prices were a bit high and Adorama did not even answer several emails (I just don't understand that!)
    Freestyle are the best supplier I've found on the west coast of the US. They delivered all promptly and well packaged. Responded to a minor problem quickly and cared. I've ordered several thousand dollars worth from them so far and not thinking about looking any further.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello. Here in Madrid 66 euros, 97.28 dollars aprox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin