Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,296   Online: 823

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    WD-40 is not a good lubricant. Neither is vegetable oil. Both will gum up with age.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    WD-40 is not a good lubricant. Neither is vegetable oil. Both will gum up with age.
    Any suggestions? The vegetable oil was more of a temporary thing anyway...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fong View Post
    Any suggestions? The vegetable oil was more of a temporary thing anyway...
    A very small amount of white grease, removing all except what is in play. However, I ponder if this point was ever meant to be lubricated. There is a good chance that it was simply frozen from disuse, and now that it is free, could be cleaned up and would present no further problem with regular exercise.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    @JBrunner - I'm pretty sure the cam (arm) wasn't meant to be lubricated since the others weren't. However, the cam didn't seem to want to loosen up after repeated back-and-forth motions and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to loosen it otherwise, so I figured a little bit of lubricant should help.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fong View Post
    ...so I figured a little bit of lubricant should help.
    A little lub never hurt anything. Any house hold lub.
    Apply some fraction of a drop by use of a tooth pick.
    A quart of non-detergent 30 or 40 weight is good
    to have on hand. Dan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I solve this black paper dilemma at least once per week in the college darkroom. Most times a student puts a sheet of paper in the easel either while the enlarger light is being projected or when they are focusing the image on the paper. Then they turn the enlarger off and give it the brief test exposures. The prints have white borders where the easel masked the paper but the rest is black. I don't know if that is what you are doing, but I see it enough to mention just in case.

Joe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin