Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,054   Posts: 1,561,290   Online: 1218

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have made a mask to use in a 4x5 carrier by cutting the right size hole in a 4x5 sheet of film and then taping the negative down with tape.

You can make a hinged negative holder with two pieces of black matting and a piece of tape, but you always have to be careful to get it put in the right place over the lens.

You could also tape the film down to a piece of glass and mask it off and slide it in there. But again you have to be careful about alignment.

Best just to buy the Beseler ones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll try to pick up carriers where I can and make the others as I need them.

Cheers.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think that this is a lot of fuss about nothing. Just cut yourself some carriers out of a piece of thick card and paint the edges with black ink. Then you will be able to get on with making some prints. Too many people are being to fussy about details that make a miniscule difference!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin