Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,352   Online: 739

Shooter
    4x5 Format

salzman enlarger alignment tool

hi
    i was given a salzman enlarge alignment tool however ther were no instructions with it. it has two mirrors and a plate with a viewer that goes in the lens holder. any have or have used this tool before?
    thanks
    mitch
    mitch brown

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If no one is able to answers you need until then, I can provide you with a copy of the instruction sheets after next week. I'm about to move out of here for good and back to civilization at last and my Salzman instruction sheets has been packed away.

Cheers Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hello Mitch,
    Sorry for the delay but after unpacking a few more boxes this afternoon, I finally found the instructions and it's a four page document with no images.
    However, I would like to confirm that we are taking about the same thing since what I have is the SaltHill TriLinear Alignment Tool, made by Joe Saltzer.

Cheers,
    Marc

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have tracked down an 8x10 Salzmann enlarger, can anyone give me an idea of just how big is this machine?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are gigantic, very, very heavy machines. You can find old catalogs online. Also if you google Clyde Butcher and find some pictures/videos of his darkroom he uses several of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rjs003 View Post
    I have tracked down an 8x10 Salzmann enlarger, can anyone give me an idea of just how big is this machine?
    Size depends on the type. There are eighteen different 8x10 enlargers listed in the Saltzmen online catalogue here: http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/...altzman_1.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for the heads up.
    If I were younger and had more space, I just might.

I saw this on Craig's list in the Syracuse, New York area in case anybody is interested.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin