Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,386   Online: 1089

Shooter
    Medium Format

Durst 1200 w CLS 450 head - manual wanted

Hi all of you,

I'm new to this site, been looking around a little and like what I see :-)
    Came to discover you by a problem I have, I'm about to purchase an enlarger without a manual, think I will need a such in advance of purchase to be able of pinning down problems before they occur, see what I mean?

Yesterday i got hands on a manual in pdf but in french, I can figure things out but would be happier for a manual in english, would someone please help me?

Kind regards,
    Annika

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    English copies are approx $15 from Craig Camera, google can find it for you real fast.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Annika,
    I'm French, so ...
    I own the Laborator 1000 (ancestor of the 1200) and the CLS450 head.
    If you've questions, feel free to ask.
    The head has 2 style of power spply : a plain transformer one and a stabilized version. This later one is full of 1970 electronics and would be a nightmare to repair if it goes south.
    Both share a nice device to start the head fan after some time and to keep it running for some time after the exposure. It helps lenghten the lamp life...
    Double and triple check the solders in the plugs. The wires carying the lamp current are soldered on many pins in the plugs in order not to fry the pins. If some joints are bad, expect very low lamp life or sparks into the connectors.
    It could be wise to change the lamp socket if the pins seems to have suffered from heat. They can be found in a store selling general lighting parts. Buy premium quality. It pays.
    Last but not least, the head fan runs at mains voltage. Keeps your hands of !
    Hope this helps.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin