Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,393   Online: 725

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...as often as my wife lets me!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it's just me around here, then I get in there more. I try for at least once a week at night, but sometimes add a few during the day. When I print, I can usually get 2 or 3 negs through with work prints OR 1 with some crappy ones and one or two final prints. My usual workflow is to have 3 or 4 negs lined up that I want to print and I'll do basic quick workprints of each to see how they look the next day. Then I have a starting point for each when I get back in to do a really good one. If I have an awesome night, I might get final prints from 2 or even 3 negs (I've sometimes lucked out and had some that don't need fiddling).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've been in there to load film into developing tanks fairly often, but I haven't done any printing since before Christmas last year. I've just been too busy with uni.

I like to develop my film as soon as possible after shooting otherwise it just never gets done cause I hate looking at piles of film that need developing knowing it's gonna be a drag to do. I'll usually develop after shooting less than 5 rolls. I'm really hoping I get some time and motivation to do a lot of printing over summer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    imy days don't let me shoot or process very often,
    and after i cook / eat dinner each night, i am usally too sleepy to do
    darkroom work.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm in there almost every evening...now pulling out art? That's another question.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I like to develop my film as soon as possible after shooting otherwise it just never gets done cause I hate looking at piles of film that need developing knowing it's gonna be a drag to do.
    Hunt down an old Phototherm on that big auction site. They make popping a roll of film in so easy and consistent it's amazing. Admittedly you do have to figure out a good work flow for yourself, but once I had it down - took a few months to work out my personal quirks - I can throw a few rolls of film in the soup in nothing flat. If I were to take leave of my senses and shoot 40 rolls one Saturday morning I could have the whole bunch developed and hanging in a few hours and still spend 65% of the time doing something else while the machine runs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I'm two months into a new sel-imposed program

In the dark EVERY friday night for a few hours. Printing only, as I usually have enough time to run negs as they come out of the camera.

I still only manage to turn out 4-6 prints nightly. It doesn't seem to matter whether work or final prints, that seems to be the work flow rate.

I still have a back log of printing....maybe going to 2X weekly!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    3-4 times a week. Recently I've decided against counting the number of prints I get out of a session. That mindset puts an unnecessary stress on an activity I cherish. Therefore, these days I aim for a single good print, then I close the session.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Once a week on average. Not as often during summer, just can't bring myself to spend time in the darkroom when it's lovely weather outside. I tend to let unprocessed films pile up, which is a stress factor, but like most other people I have real world obligations like work, children, wife, friends to consider as well, and my egotistic pastime tends to get pushed down the ladder.

I try to limit myself to 1 or 2 negs per DR session - took me a while to figure out that it's not about quantity, but about quality. Also, in terms of learning something from what I am doing, limiting myself to 1-2 negs usually means I get away with a few new insights (and sometimes even with a couple of prints that are good enough to hang on the wall chez Kvistgaard:-)).
    S°ren

"We are much more likely to act our way into a new way of thinking than think our way into a new way of acting." - R. Pascale

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Not nearly as often as I'd like to.
    35 years ago it was money that limited my photography, both in terms of the quality of equipment and quantity materials I could afford. These days cash isn't an issue (thanks partly, of course, to the d*****l revolution which has left us with so many second hand analogue bargains) but unlike 35 years ago, other responsibilities and commitments make time the most precious commodity for me.

Steve

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin