Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,655   Posts: 1,481,400   Online: 1073

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ic - the problem there is with which print density are you calibrating your table for? The contrast will change and you will not be able to make a single table that would cover all densities in the print. That is, to you calibrate it to a specific dark tone, middle grey, or a specific highlight? Each one would need a separate table.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    Ic - the problem there is with which print density are you calibrating your table for? The contrast will change and you will not be able to make a single table that would cover all densities in the print. That is, to you calibrate it to a specific dark tone, middle grey, or a specific highlight? Each one would need a separate table.
    For me it is middlle gray. Basically I 'straddle' the step wedge exposure strips when I line them up. When I work I want the blacks blacker and whites whiter when I increase contrast, and visa versa.

Ilford has the exact same type of table to locate the exposure factors when switching MG filters when using a W45 Aristo. The Ilford one is also based on a middle gray, but the advantage of making one's own table is that one could base it on the blacks or the whites depending on how one lines up the step wedge contact prints.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Right, but you do have to pick the tone you are calibrating for when you make a chart like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin