Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,228   Online: 870

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "requires Ring"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure what a "ring" is in this context. The vast majority of enlargers have threaded lens mounts (usually 39mm but there are a few others such as larger threads for some 150mm and longer focal length lenses).

I guess there may be un-threaded mounts that need a retaining ring similar to when mounting lenses on large format camera lens panels but I do not think they are at all common - at least, I've not seen one but that is not necessarily a major indicator...

Given the price of these things these days, I'd go for (and already do own) the f/2.8 50mm El-Nikkor rather than the simpler designed f/4 version.

Have fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    I'm not sure what a "ring" is in this context. The vast majority of enlargers have threaded lens mounts (usually 39mm but there are a few others such as larger threads for some 150mm and longer focal length lenses).

I guess there may be un-threaded mounts that need a retaining ring similar to when mounting lenses on large format camera lens panels but I do not think they are at all common - at least, I've not seen one but that is not necessarily a major indicator...
    Bob:

In North America, a large percentage (possibly a majority) of the enlargers out there are Beseler enlargers. If I understand things correctly, Beseler enlargers are much less common in Europe.

All the Beseler enlargers I have ever worked with have flat boards with a plain hole, and require retaining rings for the lenses.

IIRC Marko has a Beseler enlarger.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    In North America, a large percentage (possibly a majority) of the enlargers out there are Beseler enlargers. ...
    All the Beseler enlargers I have ever worked with have flat boards with a plain hole, and require retaining rings for the lenses.
    And the ones that aren't Beselers are mostly Omegas, which can have either kind of mount.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Bob:

In North America, a large percentage (possibly a majority) of the enlargers out there are Beseler enlargers. If I understand things correctly, Beseler enlargers are much less common in Europe.

IIRC Marko has a Beseler enlarger.

Matt
    Thanks - once again, I learn something new on APUG!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin