Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,985   Online: 910

Shooter
    35mm

Durst AC 707 Black & White enlarger

Hi, everyone
    I am thinking of buying a second hand Durst AC 707 (B&W). It is approx.
    US $200. and in very good nick!
    Could anyone advise me if this is a good enlarger and/or for the price? Are
    there still parts available since Durst closed office?
    Your feedback is most appreciated!!
    thankyou
    Peter
    Last edited by peter andre; 11-08-2008 at 07:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peter andre View Post
    Hi, everyone
    I am thinking of buying a second hand Durst AC 707 (B&W). It is approx.
    US $200. and in very good nick!
    Could anyone advise me if this is a good enlarger and/or for the price? Are
    there still parts available since Durst closed office?
    Your feedback is most appreciated!!
    thankyou
    Peter

Hi Peter,
    I've got the ac color version of the 707. think it's a superb enlarger. don't know where to get some parts. but bought a lensboard from an auctionsite.

ijsbeer

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you very much for your advise Mr ijsbeer. I like your website and B&W photos. I am Dutch myself and was born in Texel - Noord holland. I have been in Australia now for 35 years and love it hear.
    I am an amateur photographer and have gone back to B&W in film using a Leica R 6.2 camera. I am now setting up my new Darkroom. I think I will buy the AC707 as it looks great and has a Top Rodenstock Rodagon lens in it. Are you using your AC707 on a daily basis?
    Van harte bedankt and keep in touch
    cheers
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter, I own a Durst AC707 B&W and I rate it very highly indeed. All the pictures in my gallery (except for maybe one or two) were printed through my AC. Don't quibble about it, just get it!
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Blighty and Yes, I have followed your advice and have bought the AC707 B&W.
    Picking it up this Saturday.
    I am doing some street photography and can't wait to get started in my Darkroom this weekend.
    I must subscribe to APUG, as I can't get into your gallery to view those pics. Do you have a Website?
    Nice talking to your guys.
    Cheers
    Peter A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peter andre View Post
    I must subscribe to APUG, as I can't get into your gallery to view those pics. Do you have a Website?
    Subcribing is a very good idea and worth every penny (cent?) for the information, inspiration and advice you can glean from these pages! Unfortunately, I don't have a website coz' I'm too cheap and too computer illiterate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I must add that, although the AC is a great bit of kit, I'm also using good enlarging lenses and it would be a good idea to make sure you use one also. Good luck, get subscribing to APUG and let's see some of your work! Regards, B.

Shooter
    35mm

Durst AC 707 B&W

Dear Blighty,
    Thanks so much again for your advice and support!
    I have been told by the seller that the lens is a Rodenstock Rodagon 50mm f/1.4 and in good condition; Let's hope it's nice and clear and no signs of fungi.
    I am in my 50's and also like you not really up with Computer stuff. That's one of the reasons (small), I am returning to film photography. I own a Dslr Canon 1D mk2 and I use it all the time on my travels, but I really can't get used to Photoshop CS3. To me I find it boring and probably everyone else is doing it!
    I love the look of film, and especially B&W photos.
    So just recently bought a Leica R camera (2nd hand), and just love it. Have already developed 3 films (Ilford Delta 100), but can't print them as yet:
    Next week should get some results.

How is the weather over there? Here in Australia we are getting into summer, that means hot weather for three months.
    kind regards,
    Peter A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter,
    The weather in dear ol' Blighty is bloody awful. Dark, wet and tumbling very quickly towards the solstice. Then it's all uphill to spring and summer when it'll be dark,wet...........

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Blighty,
    Got the AC707 now at home in my darkroom, it came dismanteled in a huge box,
    Took me the whole Saturday to put it all together. I must say it looks very impressive!
    I am waiting for a LPL safelight to arrive, so can't do much work with it as yet; just polishing and looking at it
    Will keep you posted.
    cheers
    Peter

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin