Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,438   Posts: 1,596,945   Online: 1187

gbu

Shooter
    Medium Format

Darkroom Courses/workshops uk

I have recently set up a darkroom again and have been doing some printing etc but I think I need some help. Does anyone know of any darkroom/printing courses/workshops within 30 mile radius of the Bath UK area as I feel it would be useful to be able to discuss problems and get some advice.
    Thanks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Have you checked on the Ilford Web Site - they havw a list of colleges & courses - just type in your post code

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/photostud...andcourses.asp

Good luck and have fun

Martin

Shooter
    35mm
    If you haven't already done so I'd check with the local education authority who cover night school courses. Sometimes colleges will run 10 week(1 term) night school courses on a one night a week basis and offer a City and Guilds qualification at the end of it.

I went on two such courses at Leamington, Warwickshire and very good they were too. It started me on photography and prompted me to set up my own darkroom and you are a step ahead already with practice facilities at home.

Just be aware that to make them pay colleges will enroll a lot of students on each course. They should still be plenty of equipment available but you may have to queue for the tutor's time more than you might want. In my experience the ratio can be up to 20:1 and far from the 1:2 or even 1:1 that you might want if you need in depth attention.

Best of luck

pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin