Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,385   Posts: 1,683,158   Online: 925

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    As Danny suggested, I suspect that those set screws on the wheels need tightening with an allen wrench. Happens occasionally to the wall of 23C's we have...and just this week to one of our Omega D5-XL's, too. The tension settings usually go out of adjustment slowly...while those set screws loosen up all at once.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Just keep in mind, as you make adjustments, not to force anything that screws in and out, most especially small allen screws.

On my 23c, the format adjustment knob screwhead holding it onto the shaft was so throughly stripped at first I thought it was an allen screw. Drilling it out was no big deal but I hate to think what it'd have been like getting a small allen screw drilled out without striping the threads. I've seen similar buggered parts on other enlargers before.

I may be way off base but it seems to me that the small metal fittings on some of these things is softer than it should be.

Eli

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The one I have is not a color enlarger.

Crank spoken for.

Any of the color items the same on this B&W unit?

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I told a lie, the enlarger is a II not a III. I went to storage to double check. Sorry for the confusion.

It's hell to get old.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin