Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,699   Online: 925

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Focusing W/ Beseler 23cII

Hello, I have a Beseler 23cII XL and recently the lower bellows (the ones that focus) sopped moving up and down when I would turn the knob. I popped open the back the look at the rod that is responsible for moving the bellows up and down but nothing looks stripped. Does anyone know what the problem is or where you can get a manual?
    Last edited by ProfessorPlum; 11-18-2008 at 10:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have one of these but haven't used it in a while. I think there's a tension adjustment, and yours is probably just loose.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Images
    I'll look at mine and see if I can figure it out. I don't use it much anymore as I have a dichroic next to it.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a copy of the manual. send me a message with your email and I'll send it to you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello mudman, may I have a copy as well? I have a copy, but it is too large of a file to email it to someone who asked me for a copy. If you sent one to me, I would forward it to that person.

Thanks,

Alexander

Shooter
    Multi Format
    just send me a PM

Shooter
    Large Format
    Inside the cover for the focuser is a rod with two metal wheels. Check that those aren't spinning on the focusing rod when you turn it. If they are, tighten the set screws on the wheels with a allen wrench.

Otherwise, the spring tension for the focus could be weak. It's easily adjusted; at the back of the focuser there are two strips of metal pushing against the rod that adjusts the focus. Tighten the four screws on these metal strips several turns. Check the focus. If it's too stiff, take some tension off the metal strips by backing the screws out. Replace the cover, and you're good to go!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Need any parts, let me know. I have a XL III waiting to go to the recycler, just haven't hauled it off yet. It looks like new.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello mikebarger,

I need several parts for my enlarger. I need the crank elevation handle, the hex cell diffuser, focus knob with extension and screw (for the color head because it is wider), and one of those screws for the head (it holds my Dichro head on) that looks like a knob. Would you happen to be able to spare any of those parts?
    Please let me know if you have any questions for me.

Thank you,

Alexander

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Mike, I could use the mounting brackets for a dichro head, without the nobs, if you have them and wouldn't mind.

Cheers,
    Eli

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin