Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,243   Online: 822

Shooter
    Medium Format

What are these lenses worth?

I came into the possession of a bunch of enlarging lenses which I have no need for. Any suggestions as to what I can sell these for?

Schneider-Kreuznach Componar 105mm f/4.5 (6445138)
    Rodenstock Rogonar-S 50mm f/2.8 (10676610)
    Rodenstock Rogonar-S 25mm f/4
    Rodenstock Rodagon 50mm f/4 (10466962)

Condition-wise, I'd say they're all in pretty good condition. Glass is clear and the apertures click.
    Derrick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    None of the lenses mentioned are top of the line items from the respective manufacturers. These days, top of the line enlarging lenses are selling for stupid money. They're not worth much on the market, but that doesn't mean they're not (at least) decent lenses when used for making moderate enlargements. Best think I can tell you is to check the completed auctions for similar items on Ebay and go from there.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At least the 50/2.8 and the 50/4 would make very good magnifiers for examining negatives. This, in the case you won’t sell them for close to nothing. The 105/4.5 has too low magnifying power for a loupe, and the 25/4, while capable of huge magnification, has a very small view scope.

BTW, are you sure that the 50/2.8 isn’t a Rodagon instead of a Rogonar? I don’t recall a Rogonar-S having a f/2.8! Neither do I recall a Rodagon-S at f/4! I’m afraid you confused the 50/2.8 with the 50/4. If the 50/2.8 is a Rodagon-S, than it is the only valuable enlarging lens you have here, and it is for 35mm film. In this case, you could sell it, let say for $20 if unlucky or around $80 with some luck.
    B&W is silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Schneider-Kreuznach Componar 105mm f/4.5 (6445138)...... $15.00
    Rodenstock Rogonar-S 50mm f/2.8 (10676610).................. $5.00
    Rodenstock Rogonar-S 25mm f/4..................................... $6.50
    Rodenstock Rodagon 50mm f/4 (10466962)....................... $7.26
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    phenix: Nope. Absolutely no mix up. Rogonar-S 50mm f/2.8 and Rodagon 50mm f/4 sitting here right on my desk as I type. But you do bring up a good point with regards to using them as loupes. It never even occurred to me I could use them that way (though strangely enough, I was considering using them for macro work! Go figure!). I was just in the market for a loupe to use with my LF focusing and I had what I needed right here all along!

Thanks for the replies guy!
    Derrick

Shooter
    35mm
    I just paid $20AUD for a Rogonar-S 50mm f2.8...

And I would at least pay the postage for you to send me the Schneider-Kreuznach Componar 105mm f/4.5, since my enlarger, a Agfa Varioscop 60 has an autofocus cam for a 105mm lens, and have not yet found a 105mm that seems to work.
    P. Lynn Miller
    Sydney, Australia

Photo of the day... week... whatever...

And I have one of those Flickr thingy's...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin