Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,919   Posts: 1,521,973   Online: 1120

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here's my enlarger (Durst L900...cls450) see the youtube video to see my issues with mine....

http://youtu.be/FPtl8OIliYY

If any of you can help me...please toss me an email or a PM.
    Charles R. Lawson, CPP, AFP
    PPA Certified Professional Photographer
    The Highlander Studios
    804-436-9999
    charles@quantum-imaging.com
    www.thehighlanderstudios.com
    www.facebook.com/highlanderstudios
    www.flickr.com/charleslawson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Seems I've figured out my focusing issues on my l900. I use the knurled ring around the lens to set focus at a given height, then the enlarger does the work when moving the head up and down. It holds focus beautifully now ! I don't know what the knob on the right of the head is for.....

http://youtu.be/FPtl8OIliYY

That is my enlarger...feel free to take a peek and let me know any hints you might have.

Thanks!
    The Highlander Studios
    804-436-9999

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suspect that knob is the fine focus knob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I suspect that knob is the fine focus knob.
    Yeah...I'm assuming that's what it's for, but it doesn't do much other than move the head upward a touch...it wont come back with that knob....odd.
    The Highlander Studios
    804-436-9999

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rockphotographer View Post
    Yeah...I'm assuming that's what it's for, but it doesn't do much other than move the head upward a touch...it wont come back with that knob....odd.
    Perhaps there is a deteriorated rubber wheel.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Chiming in now - hope issue was solved in the meanwhile.

To properly set the autofocus to work, you need to raise/lower the entire column by unlocking the column base with the focus variator handle on the right and raising it/lowering it with the handle on the left, and then lock the column again. In theory, the height indicator should correspond to the height of your easel - or zero if you don't have any easel. In practice, put a test negative in the carrier, and use a standard focus finder to set the column height.
    Once this is set, L900 keeps the focus when you raise/lower the head, for about 2/3 of its excursion, mainly in the central zone. It may lose focus at the max or min height. In that case you need to adjust the focus with the knurled ring around the lens.

The two knobs on the right of the head are: the outer (larger) one is to lock/unlock the head, the inner (thinner) one is to do micro movements when the outer knob is locked. In practice, you unlock the column with the outer knob, set the head at a given height, lock the head with the outer knob, and then use the inner knob to precisely set the column height for a certain enlargement. Those two knobs are NOT used for focusing, but only to set the enlargement.

Looking at your video it seems that the outer knob does not lock the column, therefore the inner knob can't be engaged. It should not be a major problem to fix. I own the repair manual so if you still haven't solved send me a PM and I will try to help you.
    Last edited by LikeAPolaroid; 12-28-2012 at 05:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin