Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,992   Posts: 1,524,225   Online: 1138

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    If you decide to go with extension tubes for a 39mm mount lens, then you could look on that auction site for extension tubes for the early Former Soviet union slr's. There would be no need to get something made specially by the manufacturer of your enlarger costing four times the price....
    Last edited by MartinP; 01-09-2009 at 05:38 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    Thank you all for the quick replies.
    I have indeed run out of bellows extension. With a 50mm I can go down to 1:1,5 or so, but the corners are not illuminated. Unfortunately things are as bad as I though- either I'd need some extension tubes or I will print in larger sizes.

Cheers,
    D
    To enlarge a 6x6 or 6x7 Neg you need a 80mm enlarging lens to cover all the way out to the corners.

However, some Lens Manufacturers do/did Wide Angle Enlarging Lenses - I think at 60mm WA would cover a 6x7 Neg.

So you have 3 choices

1) Print larger paper sizes

2) Buy a 60mm WA Lens & still need to go to slightly larger paper sizes

3) Find some 39mm extension tubes or sacrifice one or two of the lens mounting cups and build yourself your own bellows extension tube - if you do this be careful to avoid vignetting in the corners

I have a Kaiser V - they are a nice enlarger - but I have never tried to print anything smaller than 10x8 with mine

Good luck

Martin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin