Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,476   Online: 904

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks!! I printed that image first as I have a 8x10 one I scanned, sharpened as much as I dared and printed at the photo lab. I wanted to compare them, and I am glad I did! The scanned one looks awful in comparison!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Nice first print. Those scratches may have come from dirt or grit on the film pressure plate inside the camera. Just wipe it clean and shoot another roll. Oh, one more thing- a tripod should be used whenever possible.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeling1 View Post
    Nice first print. Those scratches may have come from dirt or grit on the film pressure plate inside the camera. Just wipe it clean and shoot another roll. Oh, one more thing- a tripod should be used whenever possible.
    The camera I took that with has died, sadly, but I suspect it was my developing that's partly to blame.. There is some softness in the image, probably because I was using an old Series E 70-210 shot wide open ( I think )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, I can say that is way better than my first attempts.

Nice job, keep it up.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Great first effort. Congrats!
    Chris Klug
    -----------
    My photo life story: http://patternsoflightndark.com/wordpress/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Chris, That's a nice-looking print. You may, over time, make ones that you think are "better." But be sure to keep that print. It shall always be very special.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome to the "Darkside" Chris - that's a great first print and see - you've learnt about scratches and noseoil already!
    Patricia

Images
    Hey, just make sure you put the nose oil (that sounds so gross) on the emulsion side of the negative. I smeared oil all over the wrong side, the shiny side, and made a mess of one of mine. Welcome, and congratulations. You're in for lots of fun!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jgcull View Post
    Hey, just make sure you put the nose oil (that sounds so gross) on the emulsion side of the negative. I smeared oil all over the wrong side, the shiny side, and made a mess of one of mine. Welcome, and congratulations. You're in for lots of fun!
    No - not on the emulsion side. It is the shiny side you should use - because it will have the same effect, and you can wash it off if necessary.

And yes, you are in for a lot of fun.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Chris. That is substantially better than my first print. Keep good notes and you are sure to do even better as you gain experience. Anyway, unless I'm mistaken (I have been known to be on occasion) I'm not so sure those are scratches on your negs, though. A scratched negative would generally result in a dark line on your print. (I've had a few Holga prints turn out that way) It may be that all your negatives need is a careful cleaning before you print. Or it may be that something is happening at some point in your processing that is marking your negatives.

Anyway, great work on your first print. Oh, and by the way, that is the enlarger I started with, though I have since upgraded my lenses.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin