Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,542   Online: 837

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    John, jbrunner, I've viewed a few of each of your videos and this is exactly what we're talking about; Well done! Perhaps you each could add an APUG tag to make it easier for searchers to find them in the future? I've written feedback here, asking for the changes to the articles pages mentioned earlier in this thread and can only wait for a response.

In the meanwhile, if anyone needs software to make a PDF, I suggest you download the OpenOffice.org office suite from that site. It is available for free, works with most major OS, Windows, Linux and Mac, and can open and save in many different document types, including open source formats.

Perhaps it would be helpful if we started a wanted list of videos that members would like to see made and cross reference this with work we individually may know of already on-line so links can be collected as well as projects proposed?

Ralph, if you choose to make more videos and sell them or post them online for free access, that is your own affair and only you can decide which is worth doing. However, I find it difficult understand from the tone of your last response where you're really coming from.

If you have remorse over posting free videos, charts and other downloads on your site, why take it out on us; it makes you seem somehow mean and small. Also, no one is suggesting you be forced to participate in any projects here or anywhere else, so you will certainly continue to have time to walk the dog and spend time with your kids, perhaps even by doing a little gardening together.

Eli
    Last edited by eli griggs; 01-29-2009 at 03:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think some of the grouches need to extricate the tripods from their posteriors and lighten up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by viridari View Post
    I think some of the grouches need to extricate the tripods from their posteriors and lighten up.
    So when can we expect to see the video of your method of rolling film onto reels?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Very well, I have tagged all my videos dealing with photography with APUG in all caps. Hopefully if you search for APUG, my videos will come up... I hope this helps some people out.

edit: So apparently when I search for APUG, I get dogs... which, are nice, but not what I wanted... Someone else want to try? Or give me information about how to do this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are plenty of free videos dealing with traditional photographic processes on Youtube, google video, metacafe etc. You just have to search.

I see looking for free videos no different from studying books. I don't get authors whining that I didn't buy their book if I read it in the library.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I still think Jason Brunner's YouTube video on determining focal lengths and apertures of older LF lenses using Tortellini and Cheetos was very useful. Lighthearted but I learnt something.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    John, that's a real poser; I tried APUG, A.P.U.G. and "analog photography", with and without quote marks, and came up with pretty much the same results. So... it seems we need a search tag that will not be so easily confused with other entries.

I suggest you relabel your videos with "apugphoto" as I just tried this without quotes and came up with "no channels" so this seems likely to work. Just try two or three to start, let us know how many and we'll report back how it fares as a tag.

By-the-way, the same search with a hyphen, "apug-photo" failed and brought up lots of random stuff from both words.

Other suggestions of search terms, anyone?

Eli

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What I'd like to see are topics that may be a little more esoteric. For example I'd like to see things like a "white sheet" on print washing and fixers. A "white sheet" on ISO and EI determination (these two alone would probably cut APUG posting activity in half ), "User's Guides" with operating tips and modifications and clever new uses for various darkroom equipment.

The large format forum already has excellent reference articles on focusing, depth of field and some others.

I have a bunch of 'half-written' stuff that I should put together. Like 'Enlarger Focusing and optimum F-stop based on MTF and diffraction' (Basically just a re-write of 'how to focus a view camera' but detailing how to use the enlarger column scale for the calculations, etc.). Or a collection of hints and tips for using the Omega D5500 enlarges for B&W MG printing.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 01-30-2009 at 09:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll take this as a 'NO' and leave to cut the grass myself. Unfortunately, that leaves no time to do videos for free. Nevertheless, thanks for the humbling words. Bye.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I dont think a professional photographer could learn anything from a DIY Youtube video that he/she didnt already know or couldnt figure out. In my opinion, the only people benefiting from a Youtube tutorial are the beginners and hobbyists that would rather see something done than by reading out of a book. I havent had to watch tutorial videos because I'm actually a photography student and can see stuff done in class. Others may not have access to classes, and that's who I think would be searching for those videos.

In my opinion, if Youtube tutorials are harming the financial stability of your photography business, you might want to rethink your business plan.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin