Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,664   Online: 1234

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go here for something you can learn as a professional that you probably have never seen before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4q0Ryh9pBE

In addition, I know how hard it is to make a video. I have about 3 hours in the camera for a 2 part DVD with 6 subsections on emulsion making and coating.

BTW, the URL in the original post is no longer valid on youtube.

PE
    Last edited by Photo Engineer; 01-30-2009 at 12:31 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Note about URL added.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Go here for something you can learn as a professional that you probably have never seen before:

In addition, I know how hard it is to make a video. I have about 3 hours in the camera for a 2 part DVD with 6 subsections on emulsion making and coating.

PE

I know how hard it is to make a video, too. A filmmaking class is a requirement for the photography degree at the college I go to. I spent three hours (at least) shooting video and at least that many hours in editing for a 5 minute video about how to build a light stand out of stuff you can get from Lowe's.

When I said a professional photographer couldnt learn anything from youtube, I meant that from the video's I've seen. I should have stated that better. Of course, the only photography videos I've searched for there and other sites are basic DIY things like how to dye your own muslins or how to build backdrop stands, and the like. i'm sure if you searched hard enough, you could find something educational as a professional photographer.

I'd like to see the video you likned, but I'm on dialup here, so that's out of the question until monday. If the link is invalid, having high speed internet wouldnt help much anyway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The link above is correct. In the original thread here, the link posted is now invalid.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    The link above is correct. In the original thread here, the link posted is now invalid.

PE
    Ok. I read that wrong. I'll check it out Monday

Shooter
    35mm RF
    PE, thanks for posting that link. This is a good example of why a index of links should be created in the Articles forum. It is possible to find a lot of material but with the shear volume of 'hits' most search engines throw-up, working your way through them can be discouraging for many.

Would you consider adding an "apugphoto" tag to your Youtube videos?

Eli

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eli griggs View Post
    PE, thanks for posting that link. This is a good example of why a index of links should be created in the Articles forum. It is possible to find a lot of material but with the shear volume of 'hits' most search engines throw-up, working your way through them can be discouraging for many.

Would you consider adding an "apugphoto" tag to your Youtube videos?

Eli
    Eli, if you have viewed it, you will see that it is not exactly "mine". Tony Mournian did an excellent job putting it together and posting it there.

I am not a member of youtube.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Sorry about that, I thought you were the author/creator.

Cheers

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    So I have tried a number of different tactics and either the Youtube cache updates ever so slowly, or it wont work. I tried "tags" and "discription" as well as adding it just to the title alone. Can some one in Asia or so check in about 12 hours and see if you can find it? The tag update was both apugphoto and Apugphoto with the capitol A...

Thats all for now...

JRY

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Well, I just tried using "apugphoto" as a search term and where before nothing came up, two videos are now found without the all the junk hits showing up.

The first one is "Kodak Six-16 talk 2 - Apugphoto" and the second is "J Brunner talks about APUG.ORG", so it seems we have a tag that works.

I suggest "apugphoto" be edited into the end of your video titles.

Shooter
    35mm

PE
    I just watched the video and found it very interesting. I dont think i'll ever have the chemistry knowledge or the equipment to ever do that, but it's pretty cool to know how it's done

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin