Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,433   Online: 815

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is easier you think, once you have a formula in front of you.

PE

MFP
    Shooter
    35mm
    dodging and burning for a start, though that may be pretty beginninger for some people. Another one is filters in printing, and filters in the actual photography of the negative.

IDK, it seems like it would be pretty hard to use a video in a darkroom unless you have a B&W video and a lot of red gel!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most video recorders have an IR mode. I have posted several darkroom real-time shots here using that mode and a good portion of my DVD is shot in IR mode.

PE

Ron, I was joking ;-)

MFP
    Shooter
    35mm
    For a project at school, I am going to be making videos of myself printing in a darkroom I set up at my house, and I'm going to go over and actually perform processes of printing, I won't touch on developing film, because among thousands of other videos, JBrunner has a good one on that subject. It'll be a how-to, and I'll make a thread once I'm done with a link to it. I'm not the most advanced photographer out there, but I know printing and somethings like dodge and burning by heart, so yeah, I'll get on that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmIs4Ever View Post
    IDK, it seems like it would be pretty hard to use a video in a darkroom unless you have a B&W video and a lot of red gel!
    Au Contraire! See a younger, thinner me in "Printing with Fred Picker." I'm told Calumet has reissued it on DVD. We faked all the "under the safelight" stuff.

I agree with those who say video is hard - I'm at about 40 productions now, most not in photography. I figger two to three hours per minute of final product. And so, I agree with those who agree with Gypsy Rose Lee: "never give away what you can sell." It's too much work to get only passing thanks, if that, for all the hard work.

It's unreasonable to expect those who first have developed the expertise in photography, and then undertaken to put it on video and have it be good, to then give it away. The corollary is that I have found that free stuff is given value in accordance with its price.
    Bruce Barlow
    author, "Finely Focused" and "More Finely Focused"
    www.bwbarlow.wordpress.com

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bruce

Search on this site for the 'old' Fred Picker videos (http://www.fototv.com/). You'll find them under 'Darkroom>TheNegative'.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Bruce

Search on this site for the 'old' Fred Picker videos (http://www.fototv.com/). You'll find them under 'Darkroom>TheNegative'.
    Cool! Copyright violation. Not that I own it, but were I Calumet, I might take umbrage.

None of that helps my age or weight issues...
    Bruce Barlow
    author, "Finely Focused" and "More Finely Focused"
    www.bwbarlow.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What makes you think they don't have a license for the material?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin