Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,517   Posts: 1,572,150   Online: 1013

Shooter
    Medium Format

45MX Bellows Adjustment

I recently bought a Beseler 45MXII enlarger. I am using the condenser head on it. It appears that the guide for different formats (35mm, 6x6, etc) on the upper bellows adjustment is missing. Does anyone have the measurements or some other remedy to my issue? Any advice is appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Upper bellows goes all the way up for 4x5, and about an inch or two from the top for 6x6. Lower than that in each case will vignette. Hopte that helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's a shot of mine. Mine says only 45MX on the filter slot cover, but the manual is for a 45MXII, so hopefully it's the same.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 45MX.jpg  

Images
    Good Morning, Lance,

The indicator shown in the photo provided by Bethe is attached by two screws. You can easily make one from thin metal, plastic, wood, even cardboard. Here are the indicator mark measurements for the different size negatives, all from the LOWER of the two screw holes:

4 x 5--one inch up
    3 /14 x 4 1/4--2 3/16" up
    2 1/4 x 3 1/4--3 1/4 " up
    2 1/4 x 2 1/4--4 1/4" up
    35mm--5 3/4" up.

Keep in mind that the precision required here is not very great. Actually, you can enlarge all the smaller sized negatives with the head set at 4 x 5, although that doesn't make greatest use of the enlarger's light intensity. If in doubt, just fudge a bit on the side of a bigger negative.

Konical
    Last edited by Konical; 01-26-2009 at 03:27 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: syntax

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Damn this forum is helpful! Thanks for all of the great information.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin